Elmore James Bio

ChicagoBlues1991@aol.com ChicagoBlues1991@aol.com
Wed Jan 1 21:40:58 EST 2003

Howdy...

I've been lurking here for a while to get a feel for things before posting.

I received a review copy of the book and have just about finished it. From

this standpoint, I found it extremely well done. Steve Franz certainly put

an awful lot of work into it and it shows. Of the 300-plus pages, there's

lengthy coverage on Elmore (with some excellent research showing in the

detailed story) as well as a section on his bandmates, another chapter on

"Keepers of the Flame," which covers artists like Hound Dog Taylor, Johnny

Littlejohn, and others, and a complete discography, as well as a nice

selection of photos including one I'd never seen before. While the $34.95

list price is a bit expensive for a paperback (considering the Little Walter

bio lists at $24.95 in paperback), I don't think any fan of blues or

Elmore's will be disappointed if they throw for it. I'd recommend it. Hope

this helps... back to lurk mode.

Craig