Smokestack Lightnin': New Show

Norman Thompson nthompsonjr@cfl.rr.com
Sun Oct 27 09:33:00 EST 2002

Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio is currently webcasting for your listening pleasure its
newest 3 hour blues special (#0371 -recorded October 21,2002). The internet version
of Smokestack Lightnin' is now comprised of selected sets recorded during our live broadcasts on WUCF in Orlando.

The URL is http://www.smokestacklightnin.com.  as always, A full playlist can be found at the bottom of this e-mail.

We know you enjoy listening to the archived version of Smokestack Lightnin' on www.smokestacklightnin.com .
Now you can enjoy even more new and original blues programming by tuning into Smokestack Lightnin' live on
WUCF each Saturday night at 8PM Eastern Standard Time(USA). The direct WUCF stream utilizes RealPlayer
software just like our archived show.

The WUCF URL is : http://wucf.ucf.edu/realbroadcast.htm . Thanx for listening. The Smokestack Team

PLAYLIST

Artist/Song/CD/Label

TOP TEN(For the week of October 10/19/02)

#10 The Ford Blues Band/59th Street Bridge Song/In Memory of Mike Bloomfield/Blue Rockit
#9 Don Nix/Black Cat Moan/Goin Down:Songs of Don Nix/Evidence
#8 Bryan Lee/Now I've Got A Woman/Six String Therapy/Justin Time
#7 Jimmy Thackery&Tab Benoit/Nice & Warm/Whiskey Store/Telarc
#6 Deborah Coleman/Brick/Soul Be It/Blind Pig
#5 Anthony Gomes/Trash Talkin' Jive/Unity/33rd Street
#4 Bernard Allison/Fistful Of Dirt/Storms Of Life/Tone Cool
#3 Shemekia Copeland/Happy Valentines Day/Talking To Strangers/Alligator
#2 Little Milton/The Juke Joint Is Calling Me/Guitar Man/Malaco
#1 Delbert McClinton/The Rub/Room To Breathe/New West

NEW BLUES FAVORITES

Bill Perry/Crazy Kind Of Life/Crazy Kind Of Life/Blind Pig
Mississippi Heat/Mad Cat Hop/Footprints On The Ceiling/Crosscut
The Phillip Walker Big Band/Reconsider Baby/Live At Biscuits & Blues/MC
Otis Rush/I'm A Man/Hey Bo Diddley:A Tribute/Evidence
Anders Osborne & Big Chief Monk Boudreaux/They Don't Know/Bury The Hatchet/Shanachie
Omar & The Howlers/Life Without You/Big Delta/Blind Pig
JW Jones Blues Band/Blind Date Woman/Bogarts Bounce/Northern Blues

NEW ACOUSTIC BLUES

Michael Pickett/Louise/Solo/Wooden Teeth
Michael P. Miller/Salvation Drive/Homeward/J-Bone
Norton Buffalo & Roy Rogers/Don't Throw Your Changes On Me/Roots Of Our Nature/Blind Pig
Cephas & Wiggins/Darling Cora/Somebody Told The Truth/Alligator

MIKE BLOOMFIELD-FEATURED ARTIST

Mike Bloomfield/I've Got My Mojo Workin'/Mike Bloomfield- A Retrospective/CBS Vinyl LP
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band/Born In Chicago/same
The Electric Flag/Texas/same
The Electric Flag/Groovin' Is Easy/same

NEWLY RE-RELEASED BLUE JAZZ FAVORITES

Eddie Cleanhead Vinson & The Cannonball Adderly Quintet/Hold It/Cleanhead & Cannonball/Milestone
Johnny Guitar Watson/Three Hours Past Midnight/The Essential Johnny Guitar Watson/Rhino
T-Bone Walker/You Don't Understand/The Very Best Of T-Bone Walker/Rhino
Big Joe Turner/Kick The Front Door In/Blues Around The Clock/Pablo

THE REAL DEAL BLUES

Willie Big Eyes Smith/Hoo Doo Man Blues/Harmonica Blues Orgy/Random Chance
Willie King & The Liberators/Terrorized/Living In A New World/Rooster Blues
Jimmy Dawkins/Sweet Li'l Mama/West Side Guitar Hero/Fedora
Little Arthur Duncan/Mama Talk To Your Daughter/Live In Chicago/Random Chance

ERIC BIBB-Featured Artist

Eric Bibb/You're Gonna Need Somebody On Your Bond/Spirit & The Blues/EarthBeat
Eric Bibb/Walk The Walk/Home To Me/EarthBeat
Eric Bibb/Got To Do Better/Painting Signs/EarthBeat

CLASSIC LIVE BLUES

John Lee Hooker/Come Back Baby/Live At Sugar Hill Vol. 2/Fantasy
Big Mama Thornton/Houndog/Blues Revue Of The 20th Century/TopCat
BB King/How Blue Cab You Get?/Live In Japan/MCA

FAVORTE NEW BLUES INSTRUMENTALS

Melvin Taylor & The Slack Band/Come Home Baby/Rendezvous With The Blues/Evidence
The Josh Alan Band/Josh's Breakdown/The Josh Alan Band/Topcat
Rick Holstrom/Shake It Part 2/Hydraulic Groove/Tone Cool