Highway 61

Sal Stevens bluesprjct@yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 13:08:38 EDT 2002

        You might want to get the book, "The BLUES HIGHWAY, New Orleans to Chicago - a
music and travel guide, by Richard Knight - check it out at:
www.blues-highway.com

        In jackson, MS there's a great new club - the 930 Blues Cafe - at 930 congress
st. downtown - great people, great food, great music, nice relaxing porches,
both upstairs and down.

        I had the most quintessential Highway 61 experience of my life in a brief stop
at Sally's Wolf Lake grocery on my way back from the KBBF a couple of years ago
- I won't go into details, suffice to say that a little more that 5 minutes in
the joint left me with an indelible memory and impression of that trip....

        Take your time, and wander - ya never know what ya might come across..that's
the beauty of a trip along 61, its byways and side-ways .........the
unexpected......

Sal
--- Lil Bug <lilbug@usfamily.net> wrote:
> Take a left in St. Louis, and go visit Greenwood Mississippi!  Very
> beautiful scenery on the way into Greenwood, as well as distinguished old
> houses, and past home of some famous blues peoples!  Clarksville isn't too
> far away, as is Itta Bena and further on past that the gravesite(s) of
> Robert Johnson!~!!
>
> LB

=====
NEW ORLEANS BLUES PROJECT