blues foundation and other thoughts

Dick Waterman Jinxblues@aol.com
Tue Oct 15 16:00:17 EDT 2002

In a message dated 10/15/02 2:32:08 PM, bdolins@cityofchicago.org writes:

>1/the city of chicago never talked of having the foundation move to chicago.
>The city of Chicago always supported the fact Memphis is the home of the
>blues actuall legislated by S.I. Hayakawa.

Anybody remember him?

When I was in college, I had to read his "Language in Thought and Action."

He was a professor at a California college and a tough disciplinarian who
wore a plaid Tam O'Shanter (or however it is spelled).

He was appointed to the US Senate to fill a vacancy but he became well known
for nodding off during committee meetings.

Just thought you might remember him . .

Dick Waterman