October Edition of Bad Dog Blues

Jeff Harris jiraharris@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 5 11:49:19 EDT 2002

***Enter our contest to win free blues CD's! Details at the website***

The October edition of the Bad Dog Blues site is up! This month we review
the following new CD's: Delbert McClinton, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jimmy
Thackery, T-Model Ford, Jorma Kaukonen, CeDell Davis, The Five Blind Boys Of
Alabama, Little Milton plus reissues including "When The Sun Goes Down" a 4
volume set from the vaults of Bluebird Records, a collection of vintage R&B
titled "Midnite Blues Party", Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson & Cannonball Adderley
plus a "best of" by Junior Kimbrough. Make sure to check out the RealAudio
clips from each CD we review. In addition we review the book "Blind Lemon
Jefferson: His Life, His Death, And His Legacy."

In our Special Features section we take another look at some great blues
destinations on the web.

In our Essential Blues section we take a look at a batch of classic new
blues reissues.

The new top 30 playlist is now up (submitted to Living Blues).

We have over 70 hours of archived broadcasts available. In recent broadcasts
we've interviewed Jody Williams, Texas Johnny Brown, Fred Vine, Oscar Toney
Jr., Henry Gray, Tarbox Ramblers. New 5-hour editions of the show are added
every week. Remember Bad Dog Blues airs every Sunday 10:00 AM-3:00 PM (EST)
so tune your browser to http://www.baddogblues.com.

Also make sure to tune in this Sunday at 1:00 PM (EST) when we interview
Austin blues legend W.C. Clark

Thanks for checking us out and make sure to tell your friends.

Jeff Harris
http://www.baddogblues.com
jeff@baddogblues.com