Weather Channel Blues

Dave Carpenter davecarp@rcn.com
Thu Oct 3 17:31:53 EDT 2002

 This morning I found that my local forecast on the Weather Channel comes with a blues music bed. Not muzak style, but what seems to be the actual recordings. Have heard two different cuts. One I can't quite nail down, but believe is from Muddy's "Hard Again" album. The other is B.B.'s "The Thrill Is Gone". Anybody else getting this, or is it just my local cable provider?
 It does sound a little odd to have burning, Muddy style slide interrupted by the automated "your local forecast" and "tomorrow, expect periods of rain and highs in the upper 60's" voice.

Dave

Dave Carpenter - Blues Music Director
WHUS-FM 91.7
University Of Connecticut