What do these three things have in common?

Salty Dog jeffreymhorton@hotmail.com
Thu Oct 3 13:17:46 EDT 2002

>From: JMCGRATH1370@aol.com
>Subject: Re: What do these three things have in common?
>
>The settlement, which must be approved by the federal judge in >Portland,
>Maine, who was overseeing the case, calls for $67.3 million >to be
>distributed to states, which will then compensate consumers who >overpaid
>for CDs.
>(Anyone with receipts for discs purchased between '95 and 2000 is >eligible
>to file a refund claim, though the exact machinery for the  >process, which
>is sure to be complicated, has not yet been set.)

You know three things for sure about this: (1) It will be damn near
impossible for the consumer to ever be able to receive anything of value
from the settlement. It will probably some sort of coupon. (2) The states'
Attorneys General and the lawyers involved will pocket most of that $67
million as cash money. KA-CHING! And (3), the music industry will easily
pass on the cost of the settlement to the consumer. BOHICA.

NaCl K9
Now where did I put those darn receipts????