Johnny Cash

Bill Kolter bkolter@KCONLINE.COM
Wed Jun 26 22:48:51 EDT 2002

Thanks for the response.  I'm not the funny guy, and I'm not joking.  I
really don't like Johnny Cash's music. I can understand how the appeal of
simple, real-life stories told from the heart can be appealing.  Indeed,
that's what the blues is all about.  Just don't like the way he does it.
I find his voice and songs dull, and that shuffling I-V-I-V bass line
annoying.  If this were a debate I'm sure I would lose.  But it's not. My
opinion, for better or worse.  I expected that most would disagree, and I
have apologized for my unfortunate use of the word "crap" which was
clearly too strong for this very cordial list. Anyway, enough said about
my opinion about Johnny Cash.  It's relevant only to me, anyway.