Question #1

Fred Dabney fdabney@NMSU.EDU
Mon Jun 24 20:16:44 EDT 2002

> You could advertise it as "The Buried in the Blues Show" THE
FESTIVAL OF
> GREAT BLUES PLAYER WHOM HAPPEN TO BE DEAD.  Advertise dead
artists such as
> Willie McTell, Memphis Minnie, Barbecue Bob, Lonnie Johnson,
Sonny Boys 1
> and 2 etc...Play recordings of their music and sell photos.
> It's not false advertising 'cause it will be printed on the
ticket "Dead
> Blues Players".
> I think whoever shows up would feel to stupid to ask for their
money back!
> Mike M.
> PS, This thing could catch on.

NOt original.

A friend of mine in the history department took a goofy
picture of me, wild eyed and bushy beard and hair
and made a poster with the legend "Famous Dead
Russian Speakers series", with Lenin's name on
it, and a time and date for one of the big classrooms
in the history building.

He said there were about a dozen people standing around
the classroom, waiting for the lecture.

Takes all kinds...

Fred D.