Alligator/SRV

Reginald Burns ryburns@SWBELL.NET
Tue Jun 18 01:04:50 EDT 2002

Hey Chuck, I'd prefer Linda Evans in her Big Valley days as opposed to her Dynasty days.

Who wouldn't?

Reg Burns - Houston, TX

-----Original Message-----
From:   chuck n. [SMTP:cnevitt@HOTMAIL.COM]
Sent:   Monday, June 17, 2002 6:06 PM
To:     BLUES-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU
Subject:        Re: Alligator/SRV

I'll offer the obvious....there was a helluva lot of difference in the shows
SRV delivered
off of the early Continental Club & Antones
stages, than the ones from the rock arenas in later years. Like night and
friggin' day.imo.
That's why I just chuckle and shake my head when people try to slag off
players or acts as "bar bands." I'd rather have seen SRV, the TBIRDS,
FREDDIE KING, or even MUDDY WATERS in their earliest (PRE BIG TIME FAME) bar
days. It has to do with the LESS is MORE rule. LESS ego, MORE better blues.`
    chucky fuller.