PS Blues 04/01/01

RGalu02066@AOL.COM RGalu02066@AOL.COM
Sat Mar 31 15:57:52 EST 2001

PS Blues            April 1, 2001
KIWR 89.7 fm        www.webradio.com...listen on the internet worldwide LIVE!
Rick Galusha        Sundays 9 a.m. - Noon

11+ Years, 100,000 watts, & a Million potential listeners!

Be listening to KCTY 106.9 fm this week for the announcement of MORE ARTISTS
for; Homer’s 30th Anniversary presentation of Indigenous Jam ‘01...read the
Omaha Weekly

John Crews Blues interview this week with John Crews & ‘Guitar’ George Lowry

    ARTIST              LABEL       ALBUM   SONG
 1. Charles Brown       Stardust    Best of     Rockin’ Blues
 2. Charles Brown       Stardust    Best of     ..Let Me Hold...
 3. C. Fran/C.Holliman  Easydisc    Blues Pty   Daddy, Daddy, Daddy
 4. Dalton Reed         Bullseye    Louis.Soul  Blues of the Month Club
 5. B.B. King           MCA     Good Time   Roll    Ain’t That Just Like a
Woman
 6. Aaron Neville       TELLit      Devotion    Were You There?
 7. Holmes Bros     Alligator   SpeakTong   Homeless Child
 8. Confidentials   (       local)      Foundation  School Days
 9. Delbert McClinton   New West    NoPersonal  Don’t Leave Home
10. Jeb Loy Nichols     Ryko        What Time   Heavy Changes
11. Lyle Lovett         Curb        Step Inside Teach Me About Love
12. Muddy Waters        Chess       Best ‘47-‘55   I’m Ready
13. R.L. Burnside       Fat Poss.   Heaven      Miss Maybelle
14. The Get             (Local)     Squid Note  Blue October Skies.
15. Larry McCray        Magnolia    Believe It  Blues is My Business
16. John Blues Crew (local)     Hearts4Eye  By My Side
17. John Blues Crew (local)     Hearts4Eye  With a Little Love
18. John Blues Crew (local)     Hearts4Eye  Palm of My Hand
19. Bernard Allison     Tone Cool   Across H20  River’s Rising
20. Mighty Jailbreaker  (local)     Bein’ Cool  Heart Made Out of Stone
21. Prairie Cats            (local)     ‘Til Daytime    Sorry Don’t Pay the
Bills
22. Rev. B.C. Wirtz     Hightone    Best of.... What Would Elvis Do? WWED
23. Melvin Taylor       Evidence    Bang-Bell   Bang That Bell
24. Billy Lee Riley     Sun     Boxset      Flying Saucer Rock-n-Roll
25. Chris Duarte        Zoe         Love > Me   Free 4 Me
26. Indigenous          Pachyderm   Circle      Seven Steps
27. Sue Foley           Shanchie    Back-Blues  Positively 4th Street
28. Shannon Curfman Pop Sense   Loud Guitar Few & Far Between
29. Taj Mahal           Columbia    Best of...  Six Days on the Road
30. Double Trouble      Tone Cool   BeenLong    Cry Sky
31. Mary C-Carpenter    Vanguard    Landmine    This Shirt

More & more I am being impressed by the quality of albums being released by
Eastern Nebraska acts.   Listeners ask why?  I must say, that with the
exception of maybe Austin, the quality of Omaha & Lincoln’s talent is second
to no city in America.  Now that’s a big statement.  The final component
missing is a sense of community.  I have had numerous bands, agents, and
managers from outside the area tell me that they are so impressed by our
local scene: the fact that bands support each other rather than create a
scene of unfriendly competition and crimony.
With KIWR, KCTY & KEZO now featuring local music, with Homer’s support, with
The READER & Omaha Weekly as well as Cox’s O2TV boosting the scene....things
are really coming together.  The efforts of the Omaha Blues Society is a
bond: for the blues but  where is the ‘bonding agent’ for the rock scene?  I
know that Matt Markel at the Ranch Bowl has put his soul into the scene...and
I know that Jay at the Music Box has a vested interest...but where is the
‘bonding agent?’  Actually there are a couple of efforts being made; visit
www.S.L.A.M.Omaha or join, ‘The Thursday Club’ for lunch Thursdays at 1:00
p.m. at New York Pizzeria (76th & Cass Streets).  The Thursday Club is an
informal meeting of radio, print, retail, cable, venues, and musicians that
want to create a scene that continues to propel Omaha’s live music scene onto
a national platform.  No dues - no agenda, just show up, eat, and get to
network with the community!

April 1st   Dundee Dell     Rick's fundraiser for Marc Kraft @ 1 - 3 p.m.
April 1st   Homer’s
            Old Market      John Wesley Harding in-store @ 4:00 p.m.
April 1st   Sokol Aud       Prairie Cats CD release Party @ 7:00 p.m.
April 2nd   Ranch Bowl      Bernard Allison w/ John Crews Blues
April 5th   OBS Cruise      Carolyn Wonderland & Satellite Blues Band
April 5th   Music Box       Kelley Hunt Band
April 6th   Bob’sTavern     Kris Lager Band (YOU NEED TO SEE THIS KID!!!!!)
April 7th   Homer’s     Indigenous Jam tickets go on sale at Homer’s
                            Charge Card/Mail Orders at 800-766-0003
April 7th   KC              OBS bus trip to KC to see Little Charlie & Night
Cats
April 7th   Zoo Bar         Mark Hummel
April 17th  Music Box       Tommy Castro
April 19th  Music Box       The Bel-Airs
April 20th  Trovotos        The Prairie Cats
April 21st  Zoo Bar         Randy McCalllister
April 27th  Zoo Bar         James Solberg
May 12th    McCormacks  Bob Malone & The Mighty Jail Breakers
June 2nd    McCormacks  OBS Showcase Fundraiser
June 9th    McCormacks  Indigenous Jam ‘01 featuring: Indigenous,
                            Double Trouble, Doyle Bramhall, Chris Duarte
                            The Samples, Melvin Taylor & The Slack Band,
                            Baby Jason