Wed Mar 7 14:01:28 EST 2001
The reports that I get from all the Blues DJs in the NY/NJ/CT Tri-State area
that when they do their fund raisers, that the blues shows generate the most
This might be attributable to any one of several factors:
1. Blues fans have more $$$$.
2. Blues fans spend less on CDs, therefore have more to give to the station.
3. Giving to 501(c)3's gives them a higher tax write-off.
4. We are more fanatical, and want very much to keep the shows on the air.
5. The blues shows have a larger audience than any other music shows(and
stations are eclectic in their music presentations).
6. A fool and his money are soon parted.
7. All of the above.
A byproduct of this, is the fact that most of the DJs I spoke to also say
that the stations have increased their blues programming. There is a silver
More information about the Blues-l