Playlist: Two for the Blues 2/3/01

A Schuna aaschuna@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Sun Feb 4 09:15:15 EST 2001

Last night's show featured a major feature on Johnnie
Johnson with interviews and music from his career.
Johnnie will be performing at Luther's Blues in Madison
next Saturday, Feb 10.  Tracks listed by Johnnie
using the source "Father of Rock & Roll" are from a
CD which comes with the Johnnie Johnson biography
by the same title.

Art

                  PLAYLIST - TWO FOR THE BLUES
                      WORT-FM, Madison, WI
                             2/3/01
                        Art Schuna, Host
*Rosco Gordon/Let's Get High/Memphis Tennessee/Stony Plain
Rubberlegs Williams/That's The Blues/Roots of the Blues/Fremeaux
(1945-Continental)
Floyd Dixon/Ooh Little Girl/Rock & Roll Fever/Specialty (1957-Ebb)
Herman Manzy/I"m Your Rockin' Man/Legends of Jump Blues/Specialty
(1951-Fidelity)
Jack McVea/New Worried Life Blues/Two Timin' Baby/Juke Box Lil (1944-45)

Johnnie Johnson Interview -Beginnings & Influences
Meade Lux Lewis/Honky Tonk Train Blues/1927-39/Classics (1927)
Chuck Berry/School Days/Chess Box/MCA (1956)
Johnnie Johnson/Call It Stormy Monday/Father of Rock & Roll (Book)
Interview - Chuck Berry & Maybellene
Chuck Berry/Maybellene/Chess Box/MCA (1955)
Chuck Berry/Wee Wee Hours/Chess Box/MCA(1955)
Interview - Chuck Berry
Chuck Berry/Deep Feeling/Chess (1957)
Chuck Berry/Blue Feeling/ (1957)
Chuck Berry/Carol/Chess (1958)
Interview- Albert King (Bobbin Recordings 1962)
Albert King/I Get Evil/Let's Have a Natural Ball/Modern Blues (1962)
Albert King/I'll Do Anything You Say/Let's Have a Natural Ball/Modern (1962)
Albert King/Got to Be Some changes Made/Let's Have a Natural Ball/Modern (1962)
Interview - Blue Hand Johnnie
Johnnie Johnson/Johnnie's Boogie/ from book - Father of Rock & Roll
Johnnie Johnson/O.J. Blues/Blue Hand Johnnie/Evidence
Johnnie Johnson/Honky Tonk Part 1/Blue Hand Johnnie/Evidence
Interview - Johnnie B Badd
Johnnie Johnson/Tanqueray/Johnnie B Badd/Elektra
Johnnie Johnson/Stepped In What/Johnnie B Badd/Elektra
Johnnie Johnson/Cow Cow Blues/Johnnie B Badd/Elektra
Interview- Wrap up
Johnnie Johnson/George's Jam/Father of Rock & Roll (book)

Bobby Rush/Too Short Too Little/Hoochie Man/Waldoxy
*Johnny Rawls/Talk Is Cheap/Put Your Trust In Me/JSP
*Mighty Sam McClain/Can't Stand It/Blues For the Soul/Telarc
*Johnnie Taylor/Doing My Own Thing/Lifetime/Stax
* = new release

WORT-FM
118 S. Bedford St
Madison, WI 53703