Etta James

bluesfantom bluesfantom@sisna.com
Thu Feb 1 14:17:41 EST 2001

Pattie wrote:
> Did anyone catch Etta on the Tonight Show last night?? Instead of singing
> great blues song she sung Miss You by the Stones. I guess this is one of
the
> instances where seeing a blues singer doing a cover is better than no
blues
> at all.

My lunch break started just as this came on.  I was telling everyone there
how cool this was.  One blowhard jerk shouted that she sucks several time
during the set.  I let him know each time what a great legend she is.  He
cut loose with a few fat jokes.  This really broke my heart.  What shut him
up was Jay on bended knee kissing her hand at the end.

Ungrateful pig.

tom