Ken Burns Jazz Show on PBS

Steve Hoffman steve@GOODNOTE.COM
Thu Feb 1 09:14:20 EST 2001

Excellent point!
I know that it's easy for us to sit back and criticize an endeavor like
Ken Burns Jazz, but really, he did have a HUGE number of hours to work
with, and he choose to keep honing in on certain aspects of jazz (e.g.,
how many shots of folks dancing at the Savoy Ballroom!! I stopped
counting after awhile) and left out others that he could have easily
included if he had cut back a bit on coverage of his major topics....
and he could have done that WITHOUT detracting from the coverage of
those, IMO,.

Steve Hoffman