John Mooney update

Sonny Goldreich sgoldreich@starpower.net
Mon Jan 31 08:36:01 EST 2000

from the new OffBeat:

Kerry Brown, who's drummed a lot of gigs with Mooney all over the country,
just moved back to New Orleans with his wife Jane after a year in El
Cerrito, CA. "We missed New Orleans more than we thought; California's
great, but it's got no soul," said Brown. When we asked him what new
projects he'd been working on, we got the answer to two questions: "I'm
getting ready to go into the studio on February 2 with John Mooney [!], who'
s working on a new album for Blind Pig that we hope will come out for Jazz
Fest. We're gonna have Rene Coman [of the Iguanas], "Mean" Willie Green,
Uganda Roberts and Jon Cleary working on it too." Good news for the
multitude of Moonheads, and a hearty welcome back, Kerry!