Blues Artists getting screwed again was Re: tv commercials

Tony Whetstone tonus@thepobox.com
Sun Jan 30 12:59:28 EST 2000

Hello Cookie!

But it's a freezing afternoon here in the land of Jesse Helms.

> Then I guess you'll be turning down the money.........      :-D

We'll probably never know! I'm blessed with few temptations...

I saw a piece on CNN about They Might Be Giants (I think--I'm fuzzy on
the details of what follows). The guy who wrote Future's so Bright, I
Gotta Wear Shades. He held up a letter offering $500,000 offered to him
to allow the song in a commercial. He has refused and lives in a tiny
apartment with few luxuries. He's my kind of citizen.

Tony