Blues Artists getting screwed again was Re: tv commercials

Jinxblues@aol.com Jinxblues@aol.com
Sun Jan 30 13:27:15 EST 2000

In a message dated 1/30/00 12:10:29 PM, tonus@thepobox.com writes:

>I saw a piece on CNN about They Might Be Giants (I think--I'm fuzzy on
>the details of what follows). The guy who wrote Future's so Bright, I
>Gotta Wear Shades. He held up a letter offering $500,000 offered to him
>to allow the song in a commercial. He has refused and lives in a tiny
>apartment with few luxuries. He's my kind of citizen.

'Noble' is nice but he could have done better . . .

Take the money. Improve the living conditions of the poor, the homeless, the
sick, the battered and abused . . .

Then go back to his tiny apartment . . . and he'd be MY kind of citizen . . .

Dick Waterman
Oxford, MS