Mudcat News

Jukebaby@aol.com Jukebaby@aol.com
Wed Jan 26 19:58:46 EST 2000

Mudcat News......from the Mud peoples:

Hello once again.....It's been a while since we last spoke, but lots of
things have been going on!  Here's a quick update, as well as coming
attractions:

In December, we put the finishing touches on our third CD, tentatively titled
Mo' Better Chicken.  We are now mixing it down, and hope to have it to y'all
by April.  Be sure to stay tuned for more info.

Thanks to everyone who made it out to our New Year's Eve gig with no fear of
a Y2K shutdown!  We had a wonderful time with Music Maker Artists Cora Mae
Bryant, Eddie Tigner, Little Pink Anderson, and Cootie Stark.  Now, aren't
you ashamed that you sat home with a shotgun and 40 rolls of toilet paper?!

Due to popular demand, we are reprinting our sold-out, hard-to-come-by debut
CD Worldwide Mud.  This pressing even contains some previously-unreleased
tracks!  We'll be taking orders soon.

We just returned from playing the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.
We all survived in one piece, though several of the band members DID decide
to try out skiing.  Luckily, nothing was broken, except perhaps for some
pride!

For those of you who want some great music to get geared up for the "Big
Game," we will be playing the Northside Tavern in Atlanta on January 28 and
29.  We will be featuring the "saxomophone" stylings of Mister Matt Kearney.
The address is 1058 Howell Mill Road and the number is 404-874-8745.

Want a taste of summer in February?  We'll be having an old-fashioned fish
fry on February 2nd at Northside.  Glynda Raye will be cooking up her famous
vittles, and we'll have some special guests - Music Maker Artists Cora Mae
Bryant and Eddie Tigner will be joining us for a fabulous Wednesday night
throw-down.  Ssh, don't tell anyone, but it's Ellyn's birthday, too!  Who
knows what will happen?!

If you're headed to the coast, be sure to catch us at Rafter's on St. Simon's
Island on February 4 and 5.  The weather might be chilly, but the joint will
be smoking!  You can call Rafter's at 912-634-9755 for more info.

NEW CLUB ALERT!!!  Come try out a new club with us on February 19.  The
Jungle Room is located in Atlanta's party-center Buckhead, at 3167 Roswell
Road and you can give them a buzz at 404-364-9149.

To fill in the blanks, check out the schedule page at
http://mudcatblues.com/schedule.htm      That's all for now!