PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/8/00

PAPAJOE61@AOL.COM PAPAJOE61@AOL.COM
Sun Jan 16 18:30:36 EST 2000

A tribute to the late Harvey Blackston and big dish of Tampa Red tunes from
the menu at the Blues Cafe'.

PAPAJOE (David Carrigan) programmer/host
The Blues Cafe’ Saturdays 4 - 8PM
90FM WWSP
UWSP Reserve Street
Stevens Point, WI 54481

January 8, 2000
King Biscuit Blues/Willie Lomax/Give Me Back My Teeth/Big Boss
Last Fair Deal Gone Down/Robert Johnson/King of the Delta Blues
Singers/Columbia
That's All Right/Houston Stackhouse/Big Road Blues/Wolf

New Blues
I Got a Gal 'Cross the Bottom/Lottie Murrell/Living Country Blues/Evidence
Depression Blues/Sunnyland Slim/Smile on My Face/Delmark
Patience Like Job/Sunnyland Slim/Earwig 20th Anniversary/Earwig
Pretty Thing/Arthur Duncan/Singin' With the Sun/Delmark

Tribute to Harmonica Fats 10-8-27  1-3-00
Jelly Rollin' Papa/1991/I Had to Get Nasty/Bee Bump
Put My Clothes and Shoes Back../1991    /Bee Bump
She's Way Out of My Class/Dec '95   Blow Fat Daddy, Blow/Bee Bump
House Goin' 'Round & 'Round/Dec '95 /Bee Bump

New Blues
Slow Train/Uncle Irene/Iowa Blues 6/Hot Fudge
Take It Down to Memphis/Rick Moore/Satisfied/MRL
Blues Pay My Way/Larry Garner/Baton Rouge/Evidence
Raised on the Blues/Lurrie Bell/Blues Had a Baby/Delmark

Live Boogie
Ain't Doin' Too Bad/Bryan Lee/Live at the Old Absinthe - Friday/Justin-Time
I Do, I Will, I/Can Chris Cain/Live at the Rep/CCM
I Underestimated You/Westside Andy Mel Ford Band/Live on the West Side/False
Dog
Rain/Little Charlie & the Nightcats/Captured Live/Alligator

Saturday Blue Plate Special
Tampa Red Blues All Hudson Whitaker tunes
You Don't Want Me Blues/Tampa Red/Bluebird Recordings '34-'36/RCA
Don't Dog Your Woman/RCA
Drinkin' My Blues Away/RCA
Grievin' Me/Pete Franklin/Guitar Pete's Blues/Prestige
Let Me Play With Your Poodle/Cedell Davis/Living Country Blues/Evidence
King Fish Blues/Junior Wells/Come on in This House/Telarc
Rambler's Blues/James Harman/Extra Napkins vol.1/Cannonball
She Wants to Sell My Monkey/Rod Piazza/Blues in the Dark/Black Top
I Wonder What's the Matter/Tampa Red/Bluebird Recordings '34-'36/RCA
Keep on Dealin'/RCA
Let's Get Drunk and Truck/RCA
It's Tight Like That/Tampa Red/Don't Tampa With the Blues/Prestige
Shine On/Ruth Brown/Miss Rhythm/Atlantic
It Hurts Me Too/LaVerne Johnson/Shady Lady/Blue Moon
Sweet Black Angel/Robert Nighthawk/Drop Down Mama/Chess
You Missed a Good Man/Robert Nighthawk/Bricks in My Pillow/Delmark
Don't You Lie to Me/Johnny Young/Chicago Blues/Arhoolie
Love Her With a Feeling/Buddy Guy/Slippin' In/Silvertone

New Blues
Great Big Man/Liz Mandville Greeson/Ready to Cheat/Earwig
Got Me Once/Michael Williams/Late Night Walk/self
Flying Home/Duke Robillard/Conversations in Swing Guitar/Stony Plain