The future of the blues

Rich Gonzalez rgonzale@soleil.acomp.usf.edu
Sat Jan 15 15:40:48 EST 2000

Donnie:

> I disagree....all one needs to do is check
> out recent issues of Living Blues for LOTS
> of old style traditional blues artists....alot
> of them are still in the delta too.
>
> They just seemed to be overlooked...
> but are out there...

But are they available to the general or even bluesfan
audiences? Are these folks gigging regularly? Do these guys
tour or record?

They're available, once in a while,  in specialized magazines
(with small circulations), but mostly just in pictures and
stories. I thought the music was the thing.

To be "overlooked" would mean that someone is looking for them.
I wonder sometimes if anyone is--besides highly knowledgeable
music fans or musicians such as yourself. And the number of
such persons is probably tiny.

Rich G.