The future of the blues

SStew24935@aol.com SStew24935@aol.com
Sat Jan 15 15:50:02 EST 2000

When I started this thread I was trying to get a feel of where people thought
the blues was going in the future. We have BB King, Buddy Guy, JL Hooker,
Otis Rush and others that continue to represent the blues in a way that is
unequaled and will never be replaced. The thing that worries me most is that
the future looks to be a "cover band" and little else but maybe that's good
enough who knows? There are a lot of great musicians out there that toil in
obscurity playing the blues in smokey dives all across the country and my hat
is off to them and we owe them some appreciation for keeping the music first.
Stew