What's Up?: The RIAA and Internet Radio Shows

Terry Groff-Montgomery cupojava1@eudoramail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:32:22 EST 2000

"chuck n." <cnevitt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> A few months ago, the RIAA put a stop to Internet radio shows--effectively
> pulling the plug on some fine Blues programs by the likes of Don O and
Steve
> Hoffman. I was wondering if there had been any progress made in getting
> some sort of workable agreement that might result in a return of these and
> similar programs to the Internet airwaves?

     It killed the Tuesday Night Jam at The Bone too. It was the first of
it's kind on broadcast.com having started when Broadcast.com was still
called AudioNet and was 3 blocks from the Bone in Deep Ellum. We don't know
if we will ever get it going again.
--
Terry Groff-Montgomery
The Hash Brown Band