LIST OWNERSHIP

voodoochile@webtv.net voodoochile@webtv.net
Sun Jan 9 02:59:11 EST 2000

Not one person responded to my post about what would happen with new
list ownership, Mikey Curtis said I didn`t know the difference between
owning the computer a list was on and owning the list (another lie of
his, of course) then he turned around and stated the same things that I
stated about a new computer system and new list owners. I`ll AGAIN state
my concerns, ARE YOU PEOPLE LISTENING?!?!?! A SYSTEM OWNER WILL WANT ONE
LIST OWNER, NOT A GROUP. BECAUSE A LIST OWNER CAN CANCEL THE LIST, MOVE
THE LIST, REMOVE ANY OR ALL MEMBERS, CONTROL ANYTHING THAT IS SAID ON
THE LIST (MONTOR AND CENSOR THE LIST). SO A SYSTEM WILL NOT WANT TO HAVE
TO DEAL WITH A GROUP TO HAVE TO DECIDE WHAT CAN AND CAN`T BE DONE, THEY
WILL GIVE ONE PERSON, OR A FEW PEOPLE, TOTAL LIST CONTROL, AND THAT WILL
BE THE END OF IT. ONE PERSON, OR EACH OF SEVERAL PEOPLE, WILL HAVE THE
ABILITY TO CANCEL THE LIST, MOVE THE LIST, REMOVE MEMBERS, CENSOR
ANYONE, ETC...IS ANYONE GOING TO RESPOND TO THIS SERIOUS CONCERNED
POST!!!!! People, I apoligize for the shouting, But you HAVE to have a
President of the list, Otherwise, there is no way to have a list that
any system I know of will take, and no way to have control over nuts
like PW Fenton, Systems don`t let you set up goverments and votes.
Either list owners have certain powers, or they don`t, SO ONE person has
to have final say, or ALL list owners have EQUAL SAY, meaning any nut
like PW can go on a rampage and kick anyone off they want, And even
cancel or move the list, if they get pissed and no ONE owner is in REAL
control! DAMMIT, SOMEONE HAS TO OWN THE LIST, ONE PERSON, THEY MAY NOT
ADMIT IT TO YOU, BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS, AND THEY ONLY WAY IT CAN
WORK, AND THE ONLY WAY A SYSTEM WILL ACCEPT THE LIST, AND YOU SHOULD
_DEMAND_ TO KNOW WHO THAT PERSON IS, IF THE LIST _IS_ MOVED!!! AGAIN,
NOBODY RESPONDED TO MY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE LIST OWNERSHIP, EXCEPT MIKE
CURTIS`S INANE  DENIAL, THEN RESTATING MY VERY STATEMENTS,

Rick, voodoochile, bamabluesdog

Link to my picture, to excellent blues information sites and to the best
SRV memorial tribute site on the web.
Voodoochile`s Blues Roadhouse
http://homepages.go.com/~bamabluesdog/bamabluesdog.html

Alabama Live Blues Music Calender
http://events.al.com/search?M

The Alabama Blues Project and Alabama Blues Artists (with link to FAME
Studios, home of Alabama soul and blues music)
http://www.alabamablues.org

In the CD player now: Miss Lavelle White, It Haven`t Been Easy,
Widespread Panic, Light Fuse, Get Away, Coco Montoya, Gotta MInd To
Travel, Gatemouth Brown, Long Way Home, Little Walter, Blues With A
Feeling