TEN ESSENTIAL BOX SETS OF THE CENTURY!

Alan Lloyd alanl@ALLOYD.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Jan 4 15:44:57 EST 2000

In message <38722057.79BC8CAF@home.com>, Joe Lempkowski
<jlemko@HOME.COM> writes
>    Good morning Ocky,
>
>    Ocky Milkman wrote:
>
>>       [a great list by Ocky deleted.]
>>
>>       there are no adequate boxes for little walter, sonnyboy
>>       williamson, & elmore james, the other greats..
>>
>    There is a Little Walter box set on CD and a Sonny Boy Williamson
>    box on vinyl.
>    Both on Charly.  They also produced a C box set on Howlin' Wolf,
>    too.

Like the Sun box, these are no longer available, as Charly don't have
the rights to them.

I have a Muddy and a Wolf complete Chess recordings also on Charly. It's
a shame MCA haven't come up with something similar since they
established the legal rights to the Chess catalogue.

I think the Charly box sets on John Lee Hooker & Jimmy Reed (complete
VeeJay) are still available.
--
Alan Lloyd
London England