RECORD COLLECTOR - ESSENTIAL BLUES ALBUMS OF THE 20TH CENTURY?

Joe Lempkowski jlemko@home.com
Sun Jan 2 05:37:15 EST 2000

Thanks for the feedback, Ron.  I do believe that Tony's message asked what people
thought of the list.  I appreciate the influence that Bessie Smith, Robert
Johnson and T-Bone Walker have had on the Blues, but I own the T-Bone Walker
Mosiac set. It contains six CD's worth of his stuff.  I've listened to it a
couple of times since the original issues almost 10 years ago.  I've owned the
Robert Johnson work in vinyl and CD.  Both are collecting dust.  I had the Bessie
Smith collection and sold that one a few years ago.  I appreciate the artists and
their contribution, but none of them have proven "Essential" to me.  I've been
able to live without them rather comfortably.  I'd rather have any of the other
items I listed or something by Howlin' Wolf, Jimmy Reed or Sunnyland Slim.  The
John Mayall album wouldn't even be on my Top 100.  BTW, I like Chicago Blues and
I kind of do ignore everybody else.  That is my preference and that is what my
list reflects.

Joe