It is art, not science

voodoochile@webtv.net voodoochile@webtv.net
Sun Jan 2 04:13:37 EST 2000

Chuck, Maybe I have not made myself clear. I mean that I PERSONALLY
cannot see how ANYONE can listen to SRV CDs (all of them, not just one
song that may be a rockin song) and not hear blues. I hear all kinds of
blues. I`m sure their are people who saw the picture of the little naked
girl in Vietman who was suffering from a Napong (burning bomb) attack,
and who didn`t think it was sad, Maybe they even laughed. I`m sure there
are people who saw the guy execute the guy in Vietnam (shoot him in the
head) and felt no blues about it, Or who heard about the massacre at Mee
Lia and felt no blues about it, Some would say---those were just gooks,
who deserve no sympathy and should all die anyway, even if they were on
our side, And some would say, all rock-influenced blues is crap and is
not real blues and deserves no consideration as blues. Like some thought
(and some still think) of jazz and soul blues. and blues done by whites.
Some people think a picture of jesus on the cross is hilarious. But I
would say that most people who HEAR most of SRV`s BLUES songs would see
that they are BLUES songs, not rock and roll.

Rick, voodoochile, bamabluesdog

Link to my picture, to excellent blues information sites and to the best
SRV memorial tribute site on the web.
Voodoochile`s Blues Roadhouse
http://homepages.go.com/~bamabluesdog/bamabluesdog.html

Alabama Live Blues Music Calender
http://events.al.com/search?M

The Alabama Blues Project and Alabama Blues Artists (with link to FAME
Studios, home of Alabama soul and blues music)
http://www.alabamablues.org

In the CD player now: Joe Louis Walker. Great Guitars, Storyville, A
Piece Of Your Soul, BB King, Blues Summit, Canned Heat, Legends (this is
superb), Steppenwolf, Steppenwolf