NBC: Re: Blues Jam How To

Rich Gonzalez rgonzale@soleil.acomp.usf.edu
Sat Apr 1 13:20:00 EST 2000

Robert J Dewar wrote:

> Sort of like the music business!  I submit N Sync and
> the Back Street Boys. The BSB`s recently sold (gulp!) 9 million (!!) records
> in ONE week.
>   The power of marketing to the teenage girl market is something to behold.

That's more albums than the entire blues genre sells in one YEAR, U.S.
Maybe we could take a tiny bit of that marketing acumen and apply it
toward advantageously raising awareness of the blues. And sales.

There are a hell of a lot more adults, 30-55, in the U.S. than there
are teenage girls. With about 50-75 times the average disposable
income.

Rich G.