Playlist: Two For the Blues 5/15/99

arthur a. schuna aaschuna@facstaff.wisc.edu
Sun May 16 10:43:09 EDT 1999

Here's last night's show featuring tributes to
Henry Townsend, 88 years young and still turning
out great blues, and Mighty Mo Rodgers' first disc,
Blues Is My Wailin' Wall, my pick for best blues
album of 1999 to date.  It will take something to
beat this disc.

Art Schuna

            Playlist - Two For The Blues
                      WORT-FM, Madison, WI
                            5/15/99
                        Art Schuna, Host

Rosco Gordon/Just A Little Bit/T-Model Boogie/Official
Tiny Bradshaw/Train Kept A Rollin'/Walk That Mess/Westside
Jesse Stone/Hey Sister Lucy, What Makes Your Lips So Juicy/Jesse Stone/Bear
Roy Brown/Love Don't Love Nobody/Blues Deluxe/Charly
Wild Jimmy Spruill/Hard Grind/N.Y. Wild Guitars/P-Vine
Long Gone Miles with George Harmonica Smith/Little Sweet Thing/Juke Joint
Blues/P-Vine
Hal Paige & The Wailers/After Hours Blues/NY Wild Guitars/P-Vine
Luther Guitar Jr. Johnson/Stealin' Chicken/Live At The Renbourn/MC
Louisiana Red/Red's Vision/Millennium Blues/Earwig

Henry Townsend - Then & Now
Long Ago Blues/St. Louis Blues/Wolf (1929)
Sick With the Blues/St. Louis Blues/Wolf (1933)
The 88 Blues/The 88 Blues/Blueberry Hill (1998)
Baby Please Don't Go/The 88 Blues/Blueberry Hill (1998)

Tommy Bankhead/Cummins Prison Farm/Please Mr. Foreman/Deep Morgan
Tommy Bankhead/Nothing Like a Good Woman/Please Mr. Foreman/Deep Morgan
Arthur Williams/Harpin' On It/Harpin' On It/Fedora

Mighty Mo Rodgers - Blues Is My Wailin' Wall - Featured CD
Blues Is My Wailin' Wall/Blues Is My Wailin' Wall/Northstar
Heaven's Got the Blues/Blues Is My Wailin' Wall/Northstar
Tuskegee Blues/Blues Is My Wailin' Wall/Northstar
Shame/Blues Is My Wailin' Wall/Northstar

Hash Brown (with ZuZu Bollin)/Hey Little Girl/Texas Blues Revue/Cannonball
Hash Brown (with Sam Myers)/My Daily Wish/Texas Blues Revue/Cannonball
Angela Brown/Lay It On Em Girls/Thinking Out Loud/Blueside
Johnnie Bassett/Call Your Mama's Name/Party My blues Away/Cannonball
Terrance Simien/All Her Lovin'/Positively Beadhead/Tone Cool
The Wild Magnolias/Coochie Mollie/Life Is a Carnival/Metro Blue
The Wild Magnolias/Party/Life Is a Carnival/Metro Blue

WORT-FM
118 S. Bedford St
Madison, WI 53703