It really is sad

Rick Edwards voodoochile@WEBTV.NET
Tue Jun 8 23:10:02 EDT 1999

I apoligize. I almost let the loud-mouthed failed blues artists, racist
DJs, and othe assorted nazis who think blues-l is their private club,
suck me back into arguing with them and giving the airtime (blues-l
airtime) they so pathetically need, as shown by their many efforts to
suck me back onto list flame exchanges by their mail bombing and hate
mails. I, of course, greatly respect the blues artists who are paying
their dues and working their way up through the cub circuit, as many
many blues-l artist friends of mine can confirm (the twenty or so artist
friends and blues managers and producers who wouldn`t give these nazis
(who attack other artists and tear down their work), the time of day.
BTW, Mike Curtis, before I return to my pleasant spring by completely
ignoring you and the other redneck daytime talk show type pinheads, and
not giving you the blues-l arguments you so desperately need (arguments
to put other artists and fans down to help you feel superior), I do want
to again thank you Mike Curtis, for the post you made here and on
Harp-l. where you said you would not consider yourself a harp virtouso,
but that you would have so say that you can play anything that a harp
virtuouso can play, equally well. That post was so pompass and
ridiculous that I STILL see it posted on harp-l by someone, for grins,
almost anytime you still have the nerve to still post there (and, as you
do here, are normally tearing someone else down while trying to build
yourself up). Low lead mikey. hahahahah. Again. I apoligize to the list
for letting a few post suck me back into replying to the morons. It`s
diffucult to not respond to lies. Espeicially lies that make it look
like you don`t appreciate hard working blues artists who a wood shedding
and payin their dues in the tough blues raod from the bottom to the top.
And it`s hard to not respond when some jerk falsely posts that  you
claimed all live blues fans were drunks. I KNOW that y`all all know me
better than that. For new readers who may not know me better, or who may
only see the false misrepreentations that the nazis made, just ask any
of the good blues artists on the list or any of the good blues biz folks
on the list. They can tell you that I respect all hard working blues
artists, whatever kinds of blues they play, and respect all blues fans,
whatever kinds of blues they like. I just don`t respect blues nazis (who
try to define blues for us all and tell us all what real blues is and is
not, and what we should all see as good and real blues. Nazis who are so
ignorant that they don`t know that blues is art, not science. It cannot
be defined. It`s not a formula. It`s always changing. ALL the blues
legends became blue legends BECAUSE they changed it. Anyway, if you want
to check out my real opinions, instead of listening too these lying
nazis who are only trying to bait me back into aguing with them on the
list (because the blues-l arguing was their only source of blues fame),
then just contact Kenny "Blue" Ray (successful blues artist), Chuck
Winans (blues photographer with pics in the current Living Blues
magazine issue), Twist Turner (legendary Chicago blues drummer and
historian who has played with almost every major player in whole
historical development ot the West Side sound and of soul blues), Steve
Jeter (co-writer, producer, manager who produced and co-write the Long
John Hunter album Swinging From The Rafters, which almost did, and
should have, win a Handy), Dave Melton--Slydeman (who plays with Billy
Sheets (Kate--Big Clock), played shows with Coco Montoya before Coco hit
it big, Robin Banks and Mark (Robin Bank$ Blues Band--won the highest
award given in Canada for a new blues band--and her GREAT guitar playin
significant other, Mark, who even Kenny "Blue" Ray raves about--and
Kenny doesn`t rave about many axe players), Mike McCrackin, former
president of the Alabama Blues Society and promoter of the current
Alabama blues in the schools edication program (and dang fine blues
axeman in the Debbie Bond Blues Band--Debbie being his significant
other, the lucky dog :). Well. Hell. Anyway. Those are some of the ones
who DO still post in spite of the nazis. I could list about eighty more
blues biz folks and blues artists and blues fans who don`t post because
of the nazis, who could tell you about my feelings and my respect and my
love for all kinds of blues artists and all kinds of blues fans. And
could testify that I believe blues is art and good blues is in the ear
of the beholder. And that good blues comes from blues study of the past
masters, woodshedding, paying dues, workin your way up by building a
live fan base and connection (a love and soul and repect
connection---something some of these "you can fool the fans" failed
artists on the L will never understand). YOU CAN`T FOOL THE FANS. THEY
KNOW IF IT`S FROM THE HEART. AND THEY WOULD RATHER HEAR AN ARTIST WHO
FEELS IT _ANYTIME_ THAT MAY MISS A FEW NOTES, THAN HEAR A FAKE WHO JUST
TRYS TO FOOL THEM INTO THINKING THEY ARE INTO WHAT YHEY ARE PLAYING, AND
WHO HAS MASTERED THE INSTRUMENT BUT HAS NO LOVE OR FEELINGS OR RESPECT
FOR WHAT THEY ARE PLAYING. So, fake artists. DJs who think those who
change things are not real blues artists (they are not only real blues
artists--the good ones become the blues legends), and Alaskan DJs who
misrepresent what I said and
not-harp-virtuousos-that-can-do-anything-a-harp-virtuoso-can-do-just-as-well
(molten lead Mikey Curtis). Here`s your brief moment of glory again,
when I have actually responded to your lies. SO, post away and enjoy it.
Cause I`m not reponding any more. Last chance kids. hahahahah Hope
everyone else is having even a tenth as good as Spring as I am having.
Love y`all. Think these guys ever even LISTEN to the blues? I`m headed
back to the balcony overlooking the lake. Torches goin, lake breezes,
blues playing through the sliding glass doors, Princess is diggin bein
outside. Maybe Jodi will drop by. ahhhhhh I have gotten almost all the
great CDs I been after except the Verve Larry Garner. Man, Luther
"Guitar Jr" Johnson is tearin me up almost as much as Otis Rush did when
I first discovered his great stuff. I`m gonna end up with tons of his
CDs, like I did with Otis. oooowwwwhheeeee that`s some good stuff.
Guitar ANY lyrics. SOUTHERN SOUL BLUES (SO-CALLED-DELTA-BLUES).

Rick, voodoochile, bamabluesdog

Link to my picture, to excellent blues information sites and to the best
SRV memorial tribute site on the web.
Voodoochile`s Blues Roadhouse
http://members.wbs.net/homepages/b/a/m/bamabluesdog.html

Alabama Live Blues Music Calender
http://events.al.com/search?M

The Alabama Blues Project and Alabama Blues Artists (with link to FAME
Studios, home of Alabama soul and blues music)
http://www.alabamablues.org

 In the CD player now: Long John Hunter, Swinging From The Rafters,
Kenny "Blue" Ray, Fired Up, Ronnie Earl, The Colour Of Love, Coco
Montoya, Gotta Mind To Travel, The Bluebirds, South From Memphis

Happy 30th Anniversary to the Allman Brothers Band. Don`t miss their
current tour.
Eat A Peach for Peace