The real number of Handy Awards won by SRV (was Too many notes...)

Chuck Winans UnoBlues@aol.com
Tue Jun 1 01:04:58 EDT 1999

In a message dated 5/31/99 11:52:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
MOUNTLION@AOL.COM writes:

>  Didn't Luther Allison win 4 or 5 Handy Awards in 1997?

Luther won five Handys in 1996 and an additional three in 1997.  He also won
some in 1998.  He was voted Blues Entertainer of the Year two years in a row,
a wonderful acheivement, but he wasn't the first to do that.  I know Buddy
Guy did the same thing in about 1991-92 (someone correct me if I'm wrong,
please!)

Chuck