Halloween Blues/Blind Willie JOhnson

Jeff Harris jiraharris@HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 22 15:46:47 EDT 1998

Sal said:

Need Somebody on Your Bond - Blind Willie Johnson
        This song has always given me the chills.............especially
the line
"...When death comes sneakin' in the room at midnight....you're gonna
need
somebody on your bond."
        And I always wondered who the woman singing harmony with him
is.....anybody
know?

I believe the woman was his wife who sang on a number of his recordings.

Halloween songs: Roy Brown- Up Jumped the Devil
                 Jimmy Witherspoon- Endless Sleep
                 (very eerie song about suicide I think)

Jeff Harris