Playlist: Two For The Blues 10/17/98

arthur a. schuna aaschuna@facstaff.wisc.edu
Sun Oct 18 10:20:20 EDT 1998

Here's my show from last night.

Art

            PLAYLIST - TWO FOR THE BLUES
                        WORT-FM, 2/17/98
                        Art Schuna Host

Swallows/It Ain't The Meat/King Story/King (1954)
Hank Ballard & The Midnighters/It's Love Baby (24 Hours a Day/Sexy Ways:
Best of /Rhino
     (1955)
Dave Bartholomew/Turn Your Lamps Down Low/Imperial 45 (1956)
Junior Wells/Messing With The Kid/1957-63/Paula (1960)
*James Armstrong/Slender Man Blues/Dark Night/Hightone
Big Twist/300 Pound of Heavenly Joy/Playing for Keeps/Alligator
Joe Tex/Skinny Legs And All/Very Best of Joe Tex/Charly (1967)
Muddy Waters/Big Leg Woman/Complete/Charly (1963)
*Ed Vadas & the Fabulous Heavyweights/Blues Ain't Nothin' But A
Botheration/Bluez.com
Jimmy Johnson/Chicken Heads/Bar Room Preacher/Alligator
Snooks Eaglin/It's Your Thing/Out of Nowhere/Blacktop
*Syl Johnson/I Don't Know Why/Bridge to a Legacy/Antone
Junior Brooks/Lone Town Blues/Anthology of the Blues: Arkansas Blues/P-Vine
(1951)
Son House/Death Letter Blues/Father of the Delta Blues/Sony
Cassandra Wilson/Death Letter Blues/New Moons Daughter/Blue Note
Ann Peebles/I Can't Stand The Rain/Best of Ann Peebles/Hi
*BB King/Blues We Like/Born On The Bayou/MCA
*BB King/I'll Survive/Born On the Bayou/MCA

Chasin' the Devil Music -Gayle Dean Wardlow
Joe Callicott interview 1967 - introducing first song with him and Garfield
Ackers recorded in
1929
Garfield Ackers & Joe Callicott/Cottonfield Bleus Part 1/from book
Brad Litwin/Crossroads/I'll Give You the Bus Money, Honey/Self produced
Ishmon Bracey on Tommy Johnson's Death in 1956 (recorded in 1969)
Tommy Johnson/Canned Heat/Complete/Document (1928)

*James Armstrong/Dark Night/Dark Night/Hightone
*Vance Kelly/Crying for You/Hands Off/Wolf
*Johnnie Marshall/4 O'Clock In the Morning/Live For Today/JSP
*Long John Hunter/Ride With Me/Title Track/Alligator
*Pete Mayes/Alimony Blues/For Pete's Sake/Antone
*Roomful of Blues/Rocks In My Bed/There Goes The Neighborhood/Bullseye
*Duke Robillard/Don't Leave Me Baby/Stretchin' Out Live/Stony Plain

* = New Releases