Sonny Terry: If you can't play him, you can lick him . . .

Leonard Watkins ISTS024@UABDPO.DPO.UAB.EDU
Tue Jun 30 15:40:01 EDT 1998

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:34:34 EDT Dick Waterman said:
>I am pleased to see any mention of Sonny Terry on Blues-L.  He was a genuinely
>nice man and everyone came away from being with him knowing they'd encountered
>a class human being.
>
>So take note that the Sonny Terry stamp is now at your post office. The "Folk
>Music" series had its 'First Day of Issue' in Washington last Friday.
>The stamps are Sonny, Woody Guthrie, Josh White and Leadbelly . .

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT !!.

How bout that,after all the WWF events going on with the "L" we get information
like this. I guess I was the last to know. Acoustic Guitar has a nice
cover story on Johs White this month, written by Don Maclean.

Leonard   'Sonny was laid to rest in a mausoleum in B'ham'