Correction Re: American Folk Blues Festivals

Mary Katherine Aldin MKAldin@aol.com
Mon Jun 29 12:30:35 EDT 1998

In a message dated 98-06-29 12:27:16 EDT, MKAldin@AOL.COM writes:

<<
 Willie told me that he and Memphis Slim co-founded the AFFBFs in the late
 1950s. The promoters who handled the business end of things in Germany were
 the firm of Lippman and Rau. Horst Lippman passed away somet ime back but I
 believe that**Franz Lippman*** is still alive though retired. If you have the
book
 "I Am The Blues," by Willie Dixon and Don Snowden, the AFBF festivals are
 mentioned therein.  >>

Sorry; I was in a hurry when I typed this. The two promoters were named Horst
Lippman anf Fritz Rau.

Mary Katherine