Battery Park Blues Fest-NYC July 4th

Jay Watterworth watterwo@SOBEK.COLORADO.EDU
Sat Jun 27 02:04:51 EDT 1998

Capri,
Greetings from the hot, dry Rockies,

Pam and I just returned from having heard Mr. Hammond and Mr. Musselwhite
play at a small, local, outdoor venue here.  The sets were excellent.
John played his usual acoustic gig and was pleased that he was getting a
very positive response from the crowd.  He only broke two guitar strings.
Charlie started out slowly with a bass, drummer, and excellent guitarist.
His set quickly kicked in and was relaxed and excellent.  The crowd was in
his pocket and he came through.  Pam, who usually has an ear problem with
electric bands found this one to be very comfortable.  At one point she
actually asked me to dance with her.  Of course I did; any excuse to get
close to that lady!  We took another couple, a prof at CU and his wife.
They weren't too experienced with the blues, but they both loved the show.
So, you've got a nice treat coming your way.

Jay Watterworth

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Princess Capri wrote:

> The Battery Park Blues Festival is next Saturday July 4th
> starting at 3:30PM I believe the order is John Hammond
>                                           Keb Mo
>                                           Charlie Musslewhite
> and it's FREE!!!
>
> Have fun kids. I'll be in Baltimore, Maryland
> watching the fireworks with the family.
>
> Capri.
> http://www.princesscapri.com
>
> >at 10:58 AM 6/26/98 -0400, Dinosaur Bob wrote:
> >What station were you listening to? I've heard nothing about it either.
>
> >Bob Unger wrote:
>
> >> Anybody in the Nu Yawk area know anything about the Battery Park
> >> Blues Fest?  I could only partially hear the ad on my car radio but I
> >> managed to pick up Keb Mo and Charlie Musslewhite and
> >> (bbzzz$%Fzzzing) at the Battery Park
> >>  Blues F (bbzzzz$%Fzzznnzzzgg#1!1) to be held on
> >> (bbzzzz$%Fzzznnngg&%$$#)
>
> >>  I've never heard of this festival.  Anybody have any info?
>
> >> Bob Unger
> >> rbu@akula.com
> >> http://www.akula.com/~rbu - Photography & Blues

Jay Watterworth
Department of Sociology
University of Colorado at Boulder

"I am too much of a sceptic to deny the possibility of anything."
T.H. Huxley