Lyrics Question

John Irving john.i@MEDIAONE.NET
Fri Jun 26 23:07:15 EDT 1998

Hi folks,

                There is a current thread on Ari Eisinger's acoustic blues message
board (which is located at
http://www.secondmind.com/hnsecondmind/get/forums/acoustic_blues.html)
that I'd like to borrow.

                It basically asks this question:

                As a musician what do you do when you're singing some great old blues
song and you come to a line that might be considered extremely offensive
today?  Do you sing the line as it is, edit it, mumble it, maybe do
something else?

                Since it seemed like a good question I thought I'd ask the musicians
on this list how they handle it, or how the non-musicians have seen it
handled.  (My apologies if this has already been discussed already.)

                John

--
                John Irving
                john.i@mediaone.net