Help the NEA

Sally Stevens BluesPrjct@aol.com
Wed Jun 24 21:37:36 EDT 1998

In a message dated 6/22/98 7:31:41 PM, stevehoffman@erols.com wrote:

<<Surely, no artist has a constitutional right to have
his or her art project subsidized by the federal government. The NEA has
a finite amount of money that it can award to a finite number of
artists. The world will survive even if some guy who wants to float a
crucifix in a jar of urine has to do so using his own funds and without
a government grant.>>

        But as taxpayers we all have a constitutional right to have some say in where
our money goes.......I'd rather my taxes went to support art & music, even if
it is a crucifix in a jar of urine.....than the CIA...which I find much more
offensive than anything Mapplethorp ever created......
        Sal