NBC: advice on shipping a guitar

Jim Bardsley bardsljr@UMDNJ.EDU
Wed Jun 24 08:07:57 EDT 1998

Despite all my griping about UPS, I haven't personally experienced any
problem using them: however, I usually do err on the side of caution and
limit the time that the item is in UPS's hands by sending 2nd-day air or
somesuch.

As for a box, you might try skulking around your local music stores and
seeing if you can get one from them. With the hardshell case you don't
have to worry so much about the guitar being damaged as you do about the
case: so depending on how much you want to protect the case, invest an
equivalent amount in bubble-wrap or styrofoam peanuts.

Jim