Blues "evolution": the semantics police

Fred Dabney fdabney@NMSU.EDU
Fri Jun 19 17:00:12 EDT 1998

> Glad we're all here doing what we can to make sure Blues doesn't go
> the way of the Dodo.

For a topic on which we all agree, in principle, we've sure managed to have
a nice, friendly argument going on here.

I think you may have spoiled it all by that last line of yours.  What's to
argue, or even quibble about there?

Even the metaphor is appropriate, since the Dodo went because of predation
from animals that wern't part of the native animal population they'd evolved
to interact with.

Some would argue that the Blues is in as much danger from its fans as its
foes!  (gotta leave room for another argument here...)

Hear something obscure from the world of early blues and jazz at 9 pm Friday
and Saturday night with host Fred Dabney from the Back Room of KRWG-FM, 90.7
FM, Las Cruces, NM
<fdabney@nmsu.edu>