Paying the piper, again

Tom Ball havaball@silcom.com
Fri Jun 19 02:40:14 EDT 1998

David wrote:
I have a question of ethics to all of you out there.  I have a lot of
respect for the working Blues artist and I avoid bootlegging music.

However, a dear friend has been trying to find a CD version of an out
of print, 20 yr old album I have (that I won't let go of).  I
contacted the band and they said they have no intentions of
re-releasing that album on CD so I connected my stereo to my
CD-recorder and made a copy for her.

Although to some it may be no big deal, I still feel like I owe the
band something.  I was figuring on a round of drinks the next time
they came through town.  What's fair?
-----
Hi David,
Very refreshing to come across somebody with a highly refined code of
ethics!  Have been on both sides of that coin....a round of drinks sounds
more than
fair to me.... for your sake, tho, I hope it ain't a 32-piece orchestra...
Tom
____
Tom Ball & Kenny Sultan    http://www.bassharp.com/tomball.htm