Playlist: The Chicago Blues X-plosion (TCBX) 6.18.98

TCBX-The Chicago Blues X-plosion! blues@theramp.net
Thu Jun 18 21:58:28 EDT 1998

Today's show featured three World Premiers from Delmark--Jimmy Dawkins-Fast
Fingers, Mighty Joe Young-Blues With A Touch of Soul, and Yank
Rachell-Tennessee Jug Busters-All played for the first time ever on Compact
Disc. We also did an interview with Anson Funderburgh and featured an
exclusive live recording of Ronnie Baker Brooks from Founders Hill Brewing
Co. 6.11.98--Watch out because when Ronnie releases his debut CD it's gonna
be special.

ARTIST                  TITLE                   ALBUM                   LABEL
Ron Prince              Somebody Lied           Paroled                 Mosley
Bukka White             New Orleans Streamline  Shanke 'Em On Down      Fan Club
Robert Plunkett         Stranded In St. Louis   Blues Across America..Cannonball
Mississippi John Hurt   Frankie                 Avalon Blues            Sony
Alvin Youngblood Hart   Sallie, Queen of the Pines Territory            Hannibal
Robert Nighthawk        Take It Easy Baby       Live on Maxwell Street  Rounder
Luther Allison          Backtrack               Serious                 BlindPig
Lucky Peterson          Move                    Move                    Verve
Anson Funderburgh/Sam Myers  The Meanest Woman  thats what they want    BlackTop
Bobby Bland             Turn On Your Lovelight  Greatest Hits...MCA/Duke/Peacock
B.B. King               Since I Met You Baby    Blues SUmmit            MCA
C.J. Chenier            Au Contraire, Mon Frere The Big Squeeze        Alligator
Jimmy Dawkins           I Wonder Why            Fast Fingers            Delmark
Mighty Joe Young        I Walked All Night      Blues With A Touch of...Delmark
Yank Rachell            Move Your Hand          Tennessee Jug Busters   Delmark
Ronnie Baker Brooks     Pride and Joy           Live at Founders Hill 6/11/98
Chico Banks             Red Dress               Candy Lickin' Man       Evidence
Big Mama Thornton       I Smell A Rat           Hound Dog The Peacock...MCA
Big Mama Thornton       You Don't Move Me No More  "            "    MCA/Peacock
Little Al               Little Lean Woman       HouseRockin/HipShakin   Excello

THE CHICAGO BLUES X-PLOSION!                         BXP Productions

Thurs. 4-6 pm                                        3540 N. Southport #459
WCBR 92.7 FM                                         Chicago, IL 60657
http://www.BluesExplosion.com                        (773)472-3405