[Blues today]

Blake J. Wintory bwintor@comp.uark.edu
Thu Jun 18 13:29:22 EDT 1998

It's still loaded with contemporary meanings created since Darwin.
Look at advertisements that depict humans EVOLVING from dark (black?),
barbarian, apelike creatures to sophisticated white businessmen in order
to sell their products.  Has blues music EVOLVED from rural, backward,
darkie music to sophisticated white urban rock and roll blues?

I think subconscious contemporary racism has much more weight on people's
opinions than a definition in a dictionary or the etymology of a word.

Blake wintory