Playlist: Two For The Blues 6/13/98

Arthur Schuna aaschuna@facstaff.wisc.edu
Sun Jun 14 12:37:04 EDT 1998

Here's my show from last night which featured artists
from the Chicago Blues Festival, Sunnyland Slim
and Johnny Guitar Watson.

Art

     Two For The Blues 6/13/98
                     WORT-FM, Madison, 89.9
                        Art Schuna, Host
Clifton Chenier/Party Down/Live!/Arhoolie
Big Jack Johnson/Big Boy Now/Deep Blues Soundtrack/Atlantic
John Lee Hooker/Boogie Chillen/Legendary Modern Recordings/Flair-Virgin (1948)
*Carey Bell/Bell Hop/Good Luck Man/Alligator
Ray Charles/A Fool For You/Birth of Soul/Atlantic
Johnny Bassett/I'll Get Over You/I Gave My Life To The Blues/Black Magic
*Texas Johnny Brown/There Goes The Blues/Nothin' But The Blues/Choctaw

Johnny Guitar Watson set
Space Guitar/Gangster of Love/Charly
Hot Little Mama/Hot Just Like TNT/Ace (1955)
Gangster of Love/Title Track/Charly

Muddy Waters/I Can't Be Satisfied/His Best 1947-54/MCA
Homesick James/They Call Me Hot Foot Homesick/Goin' Back In Time/Earwig
Robert Lockwood/Ramblin On My Mind/Steady Rollin' Man/Delmark
Henry Townsend/Bad Luck Dice/Mule/Nighthawk (1980)
Sunnyland Slim Set
Crying For My Baby/Chicago Jump/Red Beans LP
Sunnyland Train/Title Track/Evidence CD
Got to Stop This Mess/Chicago Jump/Red Beans LP
I Done You Wrong/She Got That Jive/Airway LP

*Johnny Moeller & Paul Size/Return of the Funky Worm/Title track/Dallas
Blues Society
Robert Ward/The Real Deal/Rhythm of the People/Black Top
Otis Spann/Ain't Nobody's Business/Biggest Thing Since Colossus/Blue Horizon
*Shemekia Copeland/Married to the Blues/Turn Up The Heat/Alligator
*WC Clark/Are You Here, Are You There?/Lover's Plea/Black Top
*Louisiana Gator Boys/How Blues Can You Get/Blues Brothers 2000 soundtrack
Johnny Taylor/Wall to Wall/Best of Johnny Taylor on Malaco Vol. 1
*Vicky Baker/Don't Give Me No Lip (Radio Edit)/Title Track/Paula

* New releases