Using a sound man vs. doing your own: question for musicians---

Robin Banks rbanks@CIACCESS.COM
Sat Jun 13 06:10:14 EDT 1998

I've found that in the past, we've played a handful of big rock bars that brought
us in on a Sunday night as a special Blues night and had problems with soundmen
that mixed us way too hot.

It's hard to explain to a guy that's used to mixing rock bands how to mix a Blues
act. Not too many effects on the vocal... (just a little reverb) I want people to
hear what I sound like... not a mushy, spacy sound that does not resemble me.

And they don't get Mark's clean and clear strat through a black faced Super sound.
They're so used to distortion and effects pedals that they can't comprehend that
clean sound.

And I hate it when they make the drums sound like freakin'  Led Zepplin! Gimme a
break!

We don't play those places too often any more.

ROBIN BANK$