Social notes from all over (with a comment on the blues in southern NM.)

Fred Dabney fdabney@NMSU.EDU
Sat Jun 13 03:07:57 EDT 1998

I've been trying to remember to post this for a week, and hope it can get to
someone who might care in time.  I'd have done it sooner, but the string on
my yo-yo... er, computer keeps breaking.  God!  I /hate/ windows...

There is a "Mountain of Blues Festival" in Ruidoso, NM.  It's a combined
music, antique car show and a fly-in as well as an Air Force "fly-by" by am
F-117 as well as a static display of a few other aircraft.

When:  Saturday and Sunday, June 20 & 21 with music from 11 am to 9 pm.
Tickets are $15 per day or $25 for a two day pass.*

Where:  Sierra Blanca Reigonal Airport.

And, if the mountain scenery of itself isn't enough, there are the following
artists:

Long John Hunter
Smokin' Joe Kubek
Sista Monica
Mike Morgan and the Crawl
The Sultans
Bad News Blues
KGB Blues
Bare Bones Blues
PCG
Tony Rio and Voodoo Chili

*since I work nights, I won't have a chance to attend.  Drat!

Fred D.