Inadvertent racism?

Ocky Milkman borrisbatanov@YAHOO.COM
Sat Jun 13 02:30:58 EDT 1998

---chuck nevitt <ribtips@hotmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, OM...do a little checking up on me and you'll find I went to
High
> School at South Oak Cliff--I transfered there to become one of 6
white
> students in the school that year.
> I volunteered to be transfered there in an effort to integrate
> schools--so please can the racist crap directed towards me-if you can
> get beyond your affinity for childish name calling.
******************
The argument wasn't about you (otherwise I wouldn't have bothered; I
could care less where you went to high school). It was about your
chauvinistic statements claiming that the South appreciated and
reveled in black blues, thus supporting blacks and their culture, long
before the blues was "rediscovered" in the 1960's in the northeast by
beatnick liberals. This line of thought so flies in the face of the
most basic facts that I had to slap you down sucka. Now sit down and
stop making an ass of yourself.

OM
==
They said, "You have a blue guitar,
You do not play things as they are."

The man replied, "Things as they are
Are changed upon the blue guitar."

     from "The Man with the Blue Guitar," Wallace Stevens, 1937