Playlist: 5/30/98, Comin' Home, WBEZ 91.5 FM, Chicago

Njfrantz njfrantz@aol.com
Mon Jun 1 08:36:17 EDT 1998

Comin' Home
WBEZ 91.5 FM, Chicago
Host - Niles Frantz
njfrantz@aol.com

Playlist for May 30, 1998
Theme: 1998 Chicago Blues Festival

Artist, Song, Album, Label
1:00 am
Fernando Jones and My Band, I Got Something For You Babe, The Slaves Eat First.
MySoundWorks
Roy Hytower, Shackin', Root Doctor, Diamond Gem
Billy Branch, Grown Man Cry, The Blues Keep Following Me Around
*
Ann Rabson, Blue Boogie, Music Makin' Mama, Alligator
Erwin Helfer, Sneaky Pete, Rough & Ready, Testament
SAFFIRE, Wild Women Don't Have The Blues, Uppity Blues Women, Alligator
*
Johnnie Bassett, Dog House Is My Home, Cadillac Blues, Cannonball
Pinetop Perkins, Ida B., Pinetop's Boogie Woogie, Antone's
Charles Brown, Money's Getting Cheaper, So Goes Love, Verve
*
Ray Charles, Driftin' Blues, Genius & Soul: The 50th Anniversary Collection,
Rhino
Ray Charles, Let The Good Times Roll, Genius & Soul: The 50th Anniversary
Collection, Rhino
*
Junior Parker, Next Time You See Me, Junior's Blues, MCA

2:00 am
Sunnyland Slim, Over Night, Chicago Piano 1951-58, Flyright
Sunnyland Slim, You Used To Love Me, Chicago Jump, Evidence
Fruteland Jackson, Cold Cold Woman, Is All I Crave, IT
*
Carl Weathersby, All Your Affection Is Gone, Don't Lay Your Blues On Me,
Evidence
Chico Banks, Call My Job, Candy Lickin' Man, Evidence
*
Joe Louis Walker, Going To Canada, JLW, Verve
Joe Louis Walker, Don't Play Games, Cold Is The Night, Hightone
*
Jimmy Dawkins, Back Street Blues, Me My Gitar and the Blues, Ichiban
Otis Rush, Checking On My Baby, His Cobra Recordings, Flyright
Otis Rush, Ain't Enough Comin' In, Ain't Enough Comin' In, Mercury
*
Elmo Williams and Hezekiah Early, Been Here & Gone, Takes One To Know One, Fat
Possum

3:00 am
Deitra Farr, Taking The Long Way Home, The Search Is Over, JSP
Carey Bell, Hard Hearted Woman, Good Luck Man, Alligator
*
Homesick James, Stones In My Passway, Blues On The South Side, Prestige
Henry Townsend, Henry's Worried Blues, St. Louis Blues, Yazoo
Honeyboy Edwards, Rocks In My Pillow, Delta Bluesman, Earwig
Olu Dara, Rain Shower, In The World, Atlantic
*
Texas Johnny Brown, No Part Time Lover, Nothin' But The Truth, Choctaw Creek
Ruth Brown, False Friend Blues, R+B=Ruth Brown, Bullseye Blues
*
Philadelphia Jerry Ricks, New Avalon, Deep In The Well, Alligator
Kelly Joe Phelps, Cypress Grove, Roll Away The Stone, Rykodisc
*
Robert Lockwood, Jr., Pearly B, Johnny Shines and Robert Lockwood, Flyright
Robert Lockwood, Jr., Kind Hearted Woman Blues, I Got to Find me a Woman, Verve

4:00 am
Toni Lynn Washington, I'm Leaving You, It's My Turn Now, Tone-Cool
Shemekia Copeland, Turn The Heat Up, Turn The Heat Up, Alligator
*
Nolan Struck, Blues for Mississippi, Brother to Brother, Paula
Tyrone Davis, Can I Change My Mind, Greatest Hits, Rhino
Tyrone Davis, Delicious, Pleasing You, Malaco
*
Buddy Guy and Jonny Lang, Midnight Train, Heavy Love, Silvertone
Billy Flynn, Roadhouse, Blues Today, Easy Baby

Comin' Home reports to Living Blues magazine.

Please send blues, R&B and soul new releases and reissues to:
Niles Frantz
925 W. Gunnison St., #2E
Chicago, IL  60640