Five Years Ago on the Blues List

Toby Levy tlevy@borg.com
Mon Dec 28 01:03:55 EST 1998

On this date in 1993:

eRIC LeBlanc presented a 66th birthday tribute to Leonard "Chick" Carbo,
a founding member of the Spiders.  He is often overlooked because his
brother Hayward "Chuck" Carbo continued to record into the 90s.  eRIC
states that Chick can be heard singing lead in several Spiders songs,
including "Am I the One," "Bells in My Heart," and "That's Enough."  As
he turned 66, Chick was running a New Orleans bar (Carbo's) and
appearing at Jazz and Heritage festivals.

Toby
----

When the traffic on the current blues-l gets you down
try my blues-l excerpts at
http://www.borg.com/~tlevy/blues