Mark The Harper's Year End Bluesletter.

Bronxharp1 bronxharp1@aol.com
Wed Dec 23 01:17:31 EST 1998

*MAXIMIZE WINDOW TO FULLEST FOR BEST VIEW
(click in little box in the top right hand corner )

                                   :::::::RED LIGHT
RUNNER:::::::::::VOL.13::::::::::::

               THE ON-LINE NEWSLETTER FOR MARK THE HARPER & THE JOURNEYMEN

                              Hanuka/Christmas/Kwaanza/New Years Issue
                                                         1998-1999

“One of NYC’s finest Blues harmonica players” — H.C. Beck, ECRocker/Downtown
“Mark The Harper’s live performances are high charged events”   — T. Olson,
BLUES CONNECTION

If you wish to be taken off this e-mailing list,
please hit "reply" then type in "remove" in the subject line
(...unless you are receiving this as a subscribed member of a newsgroup to
which this gets posted, ie" Blues-L, in which case you're shit out of luck)

                            /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
                    _____ 1___2___3__4___5___6___7__8___9__10______
                   L_____L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_____I
                           \_____________________________________/
            TURQUOISE CITY, P.O. BOX 330, GRAND CENTRAL STATION, NY, NY 10163

                                            E-MAIL - Bronxharp1@aol.com

Howdy Friends & Fans!
    TIS THE SEASON! Man, did it get here quickly or what? Yes, time sure flies
when you get older! I hope y'all are having a wonderful holiday season and are
ready to party on Christmas... cuz we sure are! Make your plans for Friday Dec.
25 now, if you haven't already done so... to join us at our Annual Manny's Car
Wash Christmas Day at Night Show, which has by now truly become a New York City
Christmas Blues Tradition. We're playing all night... from 9:30pm - 2:30 am. So
after the obligatory family get-togethers, escape to the Big Apple's home of
the Blues (or bring them with ya!). And remember: we're not looking for
presents... just your presence! Manny's is at 1558 Third Ave, betwe 87th & 88th
sts in Manhattan 212-369-BLUES. Cover is only $5. We will have a belated
stocking stuffer special on CD prices this night.

FRI. JAN. 8 - The Red Lion - This is Mark The Harper & The Journeymen's debut
at this popular Bleecker Street nightspot in the heart of Greenwich Village.
Showtime 10 pm - 1 am.  Cover only $5. Full menu served. Turn out in force and
we'll be regulars here!
151 Bleecker  St. at Thompson St. 212-260-9797

WED. JAN. 20 - CHICAGO B.L.U.E.S. - NYC's other  premier Blues Club. A great
place to check us out, relax, chill out (lots of tables, seats, sofas, and
excellent sight-lines from all points in the club). We are honored to have been
moved up in the week at this place, and we have an unlimited guest list for
FREE admission. To get on it, and save the $5 cover charge for you and each of
your friends, call the Harper Hotline at 718-548-0639 up through Jan. 19.
(Don't call past 11 pm, please). Leave your names and how many people you’re
coming with. OR send an e-mail to Bronxharp1@aol.com  w/ the same info up
through the 19th. Showtime 9pm - 1 am.  73 EIGHTH AVE BELOW 14TH ST.
212-924-9755.

SAT. JAN. 16 - Chesterfields  - Another debut gig... at a happening Long Island
Blues joint in the village of Huntington. Not a dinner club, so you know we'll
really  kick some extra  ass. 330 New York Avenue Huntington, NY  516-425-1457

SAT. JAN. 23 -  The Striped Bass - Lots of firsts for 1999... this our first
time at this place, too, so Westchester & Connecticut residents, please take
note. Great food here, too.
236 West Main ST, Tarrytown, NY 914-366-4455.

SAT. FEB. 6 - The Savoy Lounge  41st St, EAST OF  9th Ave, NYC
212 -947-5255 Showtime 10 pm - 2 am. A real cool, let-your-hair-down kinda
place, with Dan Lynch's vibes n' atmosphere!

WED. FEB. 10 - Le Bar Bat  311 W. 57th St. off 8th Ave. NYC  212-307-7228  A
very nice place, indeed. 3 floors to party on, including 2 dance floors.  Get
on our guest list to get in FREE, and save the $15 cover charge for you and
each of your friends(!) by calling the Harper Hotline at 718-548-0639 up
through Feb. 9. (Don't call past 11 pm, please). Leave your names and how many
people you’re coming with. OR send an e-mail note to Bronxharp1@aol.com  with
the same info up through the 9th. Proper dress required. Show time 10pm
The Journeymen are:
Alexander Rastopchin - lead guitar / Yayo Serca - Drums / Jack Maiorino -Bass /

JP - lead guitar / Jason Devlin -Drums / Hugh Mason -Bass

******************ORDERING INFO******************
To order your copy of *MAN ON A MISSION* on CD or cassette, (11 original songs,
written and produced by Mark the Harper, with special guests the Uptown Horns,
Pat Cisarano, and Slapmeat Johnson).
please send $13.00 for CD or $8.00 for the cassette. Say u saw it here!!!
(these prices already include tax, and postage & handling in the U.S. -Outside
the US please add $3) to:
                            Turquoise City,
                            P.O. Box 330
                            Grand Central Station,
                            NY, NY, 10163

Kindly make checks or money-orders out to: TURQUOISE CITY.
Please do NOT send cash!
*A note about the cassettes: Since we have sold out of the factory pressed
cassettes, we are selling homespun cassette copies of the CD on normal TDK
tape.
FOR ALL BAND BUSINESS: HARPER HOTLINE: (718) 548-0639
Available for private parties, regardless of how hedonistic they may be!
                                                      Happy Holidays!

                                          <PEACE On EARTH And On MARS>

                   L_____L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_L_____I
                                                       M        T        H